The kitchen is the center of activity in your home. It serves as the seat of family meals, the room for family game night, the hub for family functions, the refreshment area for parties, the center for homework help, and so much more. In short, it is the heart of your home.
With so much activity taking place in this one room, keeping it maintained and updated to serve the family’s needs ensures the space is functional, comfortable, and enjoyable, and increases its overall value. Take a look at the following upgrades to ensure you get a good return on your investment.
- Replace a scratched or stained sink – Consider a double sink (with garbage disposal) to double your sink’s functionality. Sinks come in a variety of colors and materials to match every décor.
- Cabinet update – If replacing cabinets is not in the budget, consider painting or resurfacing them with a fresh veneer. Install (or upgrade) handles on cabinet doors and drawers. (Hardware styles change over time, and this one simple step can make a big difference.) Crown molding around cabinets add a valuable, decorative touch.
- Kitchen walls – Paint exposed walls in an aesthetically pleasing color—light or neutral is generally best. Install a backsplash that coordinates with the countertops.
- Lighting – Good overhead, island, and task lighting is essential, and lighting fixtures can be combined in complementary fashion. Under-cabinet lighting goes beyond function to add ambience.
- Counter – If your kitchen lacks counter space, consider installing an island, extending an existing counter, or hanging a drop-down table. You will reap tons of benefits with just a few additional inches of available counter space. If your counter is builder-grade, stained, or scratched, invest in a quartz countertop to add beauty with minimal maintenance.
- Flooring – Kitchen floors can be ceramic tile, hardwood, laminate, and more. The key is to select a type and color that enhances the overall look and style of the kitchen.
- Get tech savvy – Choose appliances that offer energy savings and multiple functions so you can set timers to cook food quickly or wash dishes on off hours, for example, or turn them on or off from a remote location. Build in a charging station for the family’s cell phones and tablets.
A kitchen should be a source of pride, and if the time comes, a desirable feature in the sale of your home. DC Complete offers a full range of architectural, construction, and design services to ensure you have a kitchen that meets your needs and expectations within your budget. Contact us today at (810) 407-1771.