Bathrooms serve a very functional purpose in the course of our daily lives. There’s nothing particularly dramatic or excessive about toilets, sinks, showers, and tubs. However, there’s no reason a bathroom cannot also be beautiful and give pleasure and comfort to anyone who uses it. Whether it’s a powder room, children’s bathroom, or master bath retreat, this room warrants the time, craftsmanship, and attention to detail necessary to maximize its impact and enhance functionality, increase aesthetic beauty, and optimize efficiency.
A complete remodel or renovation of the bathroom grants homeowners an opportunity to improve and upgrade key elements they might not have done otherwise. Put in that double sink vanity you always wanted! Keep in mind the aesthetics you are looking to attain – a luxurious bathroom? A modern bathroom? A small, simple bathroom? There is a lot to think about when considering your bathroom remodel. In addition to aesthetics, some other things to consider include:
- Electricity – Add or move outlets; replace exhaust fans for improved ventilation
- Plumbing – Are pipes in good condition and sufficient to meet your needs?
- Showers and tubs – Reglazing existing ceramic and porcelain surfaces or install a completely new element? If new, in what material (tile, acrylic, fiberglass, etc.)?
- Flooring – Ceramic tile or vinyl? Do you want radiant heating underneath?
- Sinks – Vanity or pedestal? Single or double?
- Toilet – What height and length? High performance and water-saving?
- Vanities and countertops – What combination of color and material?
- Storage – How much and what type do you need? Drawers, linen closet, laundry hampers?
- Sink and tub fixtures, including faucets and handles
- Lighting – Overhead and over sinks
- Door and drawer hardware
- Wall color
- Ceramic and porcelain tile
No matter what you envision for your bathroom remodel, DC Complete can help you achieve it by designing a one-of-a-kind project that fits your home and budget. Contact us today at 810-407-1771.